My experience and qualifications go well beyond the academic study of naturopathy. I have personally walked the path of ill health and been a full-time caregiver for chronically ill family members, experiencing first-hand the ins and outs, highs and lows, defeats and victories encountered along the way.
Oftentimes, despite the capabilities of the practitioner, the framework of medical service and the underlying philosophy proved frustrating. Time and again we were given a cursory initial consultation, a quick diagnosis (confirming what we already knew), and the same menu of healing options. No one ever pushed past the limitations of the overscheduled, textbook approach to medical care and took the time to really search for a root cause, looking thoroughly at diet and lifestyle and carefully considering the body as a whole. We were often treated more like a cluster of symptoms rather than a living, breathing human being with health problems.
Author Beverly Cleary encourages, “If you don’t see the book you want on the shelf, write it,” and that's exactly how I have developed the care options I offer. I want to remove the limitations of both time and scope that hinder the process of discovering real answers, offering the type of service I searched for but could not find.
I know most practitioners don’t normally say this, but my approach or personality is not for everyone.
- I am an introvert and dislike small talk. I may be abrupt in my manner, pragmatic and terribly practical, yet I am kind and caring and have a straight forward empathetic approach and a very inquiring mind with great detective skills to get to the root cause of an illness.
- I have the heart of a teacher. I enjoy educating clients to feel empowered and take an active role in their own healing.
- I believe healing is not something that is done to you, but with you!
- I cannot heal you! My role as your naturopath is to open doors, but it is up to you to be willing to step through the doors and do the tough work of making changes to heal yourself. Though I will help and guide you, the healing is your own journey.
- A lot of people want to only BUY their way to health not WORK their way to health. If you are looking only for a quick fix – a supplement or herbal remedy, or you have become comfortable with your chronic illness and really have no intention of putting the time, effort or money into making changes, my services are not for you. I am a personal advocate offering support and direction for those truly devoted to making diet and holistic lifestyle changes.
- If you are already seeing other alternative health care practitioners, my services are not for you. Holistic healing can take many paths and all practitioners work differently. Attempting to work with multiple natural healers at one time can overwhelm your body or undermine what another healer is already trying to do.
Terms & Privacy
Your privacy is important to me and I want to assure you that your information is securely stored and never shared with any third parties.
Once we have decided to work together you can purchase a Health and Wellness Consultation or a Health Care Package. Leanne Morris Naturopath collects your Personal Information including your name, DOB, address, email, phone number, Messenger or Skype details as required for consultation purposes.
I will endeavour to keep your email address private and will only use your email address to send you information from Leanne Morris Naturopathy.
Your Personal Information will not be shared or sold to any third parties.
In the process of conducting a private online consultation, your data is handled and protected as below:
- All personal information, Confidential Client Intake Forms and any additional files you provide are saved to a password protected laptop. Information is regularly backed up to an external hard drive.
- Online consultations are held over Skype, Messenger or a landline (NZ only) in a private setting ensuring privacy. However please be aware I am not able to ensure privacy of information especially if using third party eg Facebook, Instagram, Gmail, Hotmail etc... therefore any discussion of sensitive nature is recommended to be done via email or phone.
Consultation Terms & Conditions
By booking a consultation with Leanne Morris Naturopath, I agree that I have READ, UNDERSTOOD and ACCEPT the foregoing and understand this also applies to any and all subsequent consultations and advice.
If after reviewing your intake form I feel I cannot help you, I will offer a full refund. My desire is to assist people on their journey to wellness, and I will not take on a client if I don't believe I can be of service. There are no refunds once the consultation/package begins.
I work only with clients who are ready to take full responsibility for their health.
Schedule a free 15 minute conversation with Leanne
and remember I am here to help, so if you require any advice or information please contact me